Old 17-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Tim Challenger

Default Suspected Hedgehog droppings from a couple of months ago

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:53:51 +0100, Kay Easton wrote:

Make a tunnel 4 inches high and put the food under that. Upturned
cardboard box with hole cut out of side and weighted down with a brick
will do as a temporary measure.

I've got a few bricks, I can knock something up. How about a section of old
plastic drainpipe? That'd be 10cm, around the right size. Trim a bit off so
it doesn't roll away.

An interesting extra is a 'footprint detector' - cover a piece of card
with aluminium foil, use a candle to apply a layer of soot to one side,
and place the food on that. In the morning you will see lots of slug
tracks and hopefully some hedgehog footprints. And maybe other
footprints too.

What a great idea. Good for my 4yo daughter, she'd wild about them but they
always come out when she's gone to bed.
Footprints would be wonderful.
Thanks.

--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.