Old 17-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Tim Challenger

Default Suspected Hedgehog droppings from a couple of months ago

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:17:02 +0100, Dave Painter wrote:

"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in message
s.com...
A few months ago I posted about trying to identify some droppings in the
garden.
Well a couple of uncomfortable evenings hiding near the veggie patch, the
culprits have been caught red-handed - or rather - red-bummed. And yes, it
was hedgehogs. A family of 3.

I have been putting normal cat-food out, but only a little just to tempt
them in to the garden, and as I only use such a little bit the rest often
goes bad before I can use it all up.

Does anyone know if they'll eat dried cat/kitten-food pellets if I mix

them
with a bit of water or milk or something?
Is it good/bad for them?

Buy the pouches of food.
Less in them. Can be resealed and kept in fridge overnight without problems.

Don't know about dried foods but I know you shouldn't give them any sort of
milk
(Cows, goats, tinned) they can't digest the oils and fats in it and it
actually makes them sick,
trouble is they like the taste.

I'm always dubious about giving milk to wild animals anyway. Unless they
are youngsters and natural milk drinkers. But I don't get many stray calves
in the garden thank goodness.

--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.