Old 17-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Grandpa

Default Drying Basil

Culturalenigma wrote:

"Allan Matthews" wrote in message

When I planted my new raised garden July 15, I bought a left over
withered basil plant and stuck it in. Now it is 2 feet in diameter, 2
feet tall and dense with leaves. How is the best way to dry
this?Thanks

I cut it back, like any plant, then tie the stems together with string and
hang itu upside down in an area with wind movement. (we live in a humid
area so I worry about molding). that's alwyas worked for me.

Thats how we did ours too. Wife got a whiff of it dry, smelled the
container of store bought stuff and threw the contents out & replaced it
with the fresh dried stuff.