Old 18-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Jason Pope

Default Passion fruit - when to pick

jo wrote:
I have a passion flower that has borne a huge number of fruit. Most

of the
fruit are now orange in colour. I have left them on the plant as I

thought
they went brown and crinkly with dry skins (as you buy them in the

shops),
but some are starting to turn mouldy. Any tips?
Jo

If it's a Caerulea passionfruit, they'll stay orange!
Pick them when they are uniformly orange, the fruit doesn't taste to
good though!

If you want an edible passionfruit you need to go for Passiflora edulis,
I have some seeds for auction on ebay!

Cheers

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sort=3&rows=50