Old 19-09-2003, 05:35 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Catt bowringiana question.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:11:47 -0700, "Wendy"
wrote:

Hi there Peter, funny you should mention, I just took a pic of the buds of my plant! I moved it from the
greenhouse a couple of years ago. It is outside under shadecloth & gets sunshine all day.
It would naturally get a bigger change in temps as well.
It sounds like you are doing everything right, maybe it's still a teenager? *g*
I found these urls:-
http://www.chadwickorchids.com/Cattleya/bowringiana.htm
http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week004.shtml
Cheers Wendy

Are you giving it GOOD light. It needs more that just bright
room light. My mentor said to hold you hand 8" above the plant,
then look at the shadow your hand cast on the plant. A Catt
needs a full clear and crisp shadow. If you don't give it that
much light you will only get rich green foliage and never a
flower in sight.
SuE