Old 21-09-2003, 02:12 AM
Robyn Rhudy

Default Checking in - Isabel

I live in Central MD. We lost power at 6:01 pm Thurs and got it back 6:04
pm Fri so not too bad. A large locust was on our power lines, with the
root ball sticking up. We have 5 acres. We huge top of a tulip poplar
down and leveled about 20 smaller trees with it. Tons of leaves and
branches. Had air pumps for aquariums and batteries never ran out. Had
generator run twice Fri for about 2 hours each time and ran main pond
pump, freezer, and well pump on that. Ants kept tripping my pond as they
moved all their eggs into the plug-in box. My boss lives on Kent Island.
I don't know yet but he may have been flooded.

On a lighter note, I'm horribly ill. It started last Sat with weakness
and then got sore throat Sun and then off and on fever up to 101 every day
since then plus painful throat, ears, total congestion, inability to
speak, headache, diarrhea, absolutely no appetite, hard to type, should be
in bed, spent 13 hours today doing chores, ran 3 hours late, didn't get to
computer chores really, took off work Thurs and Fri (they'll make me pay
since I had overdue work and more to do, I'll have to work even harder and
have to go in Mon no matter what), and now, to make things worse, my eye
is infected. It's like snot is coming from my eye. It's so irritating.
My father's eyes are blood red from the same thing. We went to a clinic
today but they're all closed so maybe Mon after a morning at hell (that's
what I call my job), I can see my incompetent primary care physician. Oh,
did I mention my tonsils are coated in white goo? Tonsilitis? Ironic,
the best night's rest I had this week was the night of the hurricane as it
sounded like a constant freight train and lulled me to sleep. I was up
all night last night, can't stop coughing, taking tons of meds, so sick,
Nyquil overnight won't even let me sleep.

So, those waiting for e-mails from me will have to wait. Can't work on my
site either. Oh, also, my e-mail today was full of that new virus so some
e-mails may have bounced. I guess I should go die now. If only I could
pass out.

Important Notice! Robyn's web site will be moving from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com
on or around 10/4/03. This e-mail as well as the site will be deleted at
an unknown time by UMBC without my input. After 10/4/03, please use the
e-mail of instead of this e-mail. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -