Old 22-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Siberian Husky

Default When should I mow down blk eyed susans?

(Siberian Husky) wrote in message . com...
Chris Owens wrote in message ...
When they look tatty enough that you can't stand them anymore, or
after the foilage dies back in fall, whichever occurs first.
BTW, I have fround with most of my 'daisy'-types . . . shastas,
rudbeckias, etc., that, if I mow them down right after the first
flush of bloom fades, I'll typically get a second flush in very
late summer or early fall.

I just realized Black Eyed Susans are the state flower for Maryland in
the U.S. I assume that means this flower grows well in Maryland (even
without much human attention). What did Maryland residents do for
their climate?

Or maybe I am wrong that even though Black Eyed Susan is Maryland
state flower, it still requires some minimal human intervention to
grow well?