Old 23-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Wendy

Default Stanhopia Oculata Question

Yes Jeff, whatever you are doing, don't change a thing. I think my Stans are
in dire need
of a change of sphagnum moss.
Cheers Wendy
"P.J. Bloodworth" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I obtained a small Stanhopea oculata seedling from Oak Hill in 5/02 for a
very reasonable $4.00. At that time, the longest leaf blade, not including
the petiole, was 5" atop a pseudobulb about 1/2" in diameter. I placed it

in
a 10" wire basket in pure sphagnum moss. Since that time, it has grown
steadily longer leaves (5", 7", 6",11") on a single lead. The largest
pseudobulb is now 1" in diameter. To my amazement, I saw a spike this
morning protruding from the bottom of the basket! If this is any

indication,
your wait may not be so long.

Jeff

"Shell91" wrote in message
y.com...
I have just gotten a Stanhopia oculata on eBay. I have been doing some
reearch on the web but I can't find anything on how old a plant has to

be
flower. Is it like most and needs to be several years old?

&rd=1

This is the page for the auction. Any opinions on the plant?

Shell