Old 23-09-2003, 11:05 PM
JHudson

Default Converting 33 gallon tank to planted

Well, I've done some research and I'm going to have upgrade my lighting at
very minimum, even to just have low light plants. I found a double bulb
strip, fluorescent and the glass cover that were reasonable priced. This
may be a dumb question, but my tank is 36" long and the strips come in 30
and 36, what would be the size to get?

In my looking around, I noticed that azgardens has a low light, easy care
plant group and it says as low as .5 watts/gallon lighting. I didn't think
that plants could grow in that low of lighting. These are the plants-
Anacharis, Rotala indica, Blood Stargrass, Japanese Fans, Dwarf Lily Plants,
Dwarf Onions, Asian Ambulia, Tall Subulata, red-spot Ozelot swords, Crypt
Walkeri, Java Ferns. Some I thought were questionable, any thoughts?

Also to get a more acceptable substrate, would it be advisable to break down
the tank and add the flourite or could I get away with carefully adding it?
Or should I add something else like laterite?

Thanks for the help.
--
JHudson
Sure. Fine. Whatever. -Syzygy