Old 24-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Kase

Default OT perhaps, but please identify amphibian or reptile

"Joe" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

Thanks for your interest. I came across an unusual garden visitor last
night (22 Sept) and I am unable to identify it through any of my books.
It looks like a gecko, but I don't think there are any indigenous gecko
species in Britain. I guess it must be a newt, but is it? Can you
help? I loaded a couple of pictures he

http://www.harlon.pwp.blueyonder.co....en/ident01.htm

Many thanks.
--
Joe Farrugia, London

Interesting, I found one of these in my parents garden in South Yorkshire
about 18 years ago. It was so alien to me that (being a child) I caught it
and kept it in a box for a couple of days before letting it go unharmed but
probably a bit hungry. I never did find out what it was, just thought it was
a lizard, never thought it might not be native.