Old 25-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Frits v/d Laan

Default Why is Banboo so expencive?

As a bamboo grower I think most bamboos are overpriced. however
some bamboos do give trouble by unwanted shoots which take extra time
from the nursery to get rid off while others take up a lot of space
and grow too fast.

Other bamboo do not make new rootstocks very easely, it can take a
few years for some species to even begin to produce new plants.

(I grow all bamboo directly in the soil and pott them in spring of the
year that I sell them.
some growers grow them directly in a pot and repot them if nessesary.
this is a more expensive mathod, bamboos grow better in good natural
soil than in a pot.

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:41:54 -0400, "Dave" wrote:

Why is Banboo so expencive?

From what I herd is grown very easily, just divide some and move it and it
will begin to grow. I can see pay $5-$10 for some but paying $19-$40 on
ebay is out of price range.
Is there something I don't know about the high price? Please advise.

Thanks,

David