Old 26-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Sacha

Default OT Humming bird moths

in article , Martin Brown at
wrote on 25/9/03 3:52 pm:

In message , Sacha
writes
I'm delighted to report we have just seen *4* of these on Salvia involucrata
planted in a sunny border. I don't think there has been one day in at least
a month, when this plant hasn't been visited by these fascinating creatures.

Seems to have been a very good year for them and for lots of butterflies
in general. Most of our nectar bearing plants have been covered.

snip

Perhaps because we're in S. Devon ours might go on longer. I do hope so.
They are the most fascinating creatures to watch.
Sadly though, the swallows are gathering. ;-(
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk