Old 27-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Richard Wright

Default wanted - rapidly growing climber for fence (Sydney)

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:18:03 +1000, Terry Collins
wrote:

Richard Wright wrote:

Thanks to all who responded. We shall probably go with jasmine
(Jasminum) and potato vine.

Is potato vine Madiera Vine(Anredera cordifolia)?

If so, please do not go with Potato Vine. It is worse than black eyed
susan. That stuff can literally pull down trees.

I agree, Madeira vine (Anredera cordifolia) is a shocker. In my
original post I asked for any suggestions other than Madeira Vine! I
have just spent several weeks eradicating it.

Potato Vine is Solanum jasminoides.

See
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...sminoides.html