Old 27-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default The Wonders of Tromboncino Zucchini....

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"Phaedrine Stonebridge" wrote
in message newshaedrine_stonebridge-.

I want to plant some next year if we can get a grip on the shield
bug/stink bug problem. Very frustrating. I like them small--- only

an
inch or two across--- steamed and served whole. That size is also

great
in stir fries but you probably already know that since you grow a lot

of
asian-type veggies, don't you?

I have never seen a shield bug two inches across, if I come across any I
will try them steamed as you recommend. Is it worth trying this method
with the little babies that are say 3/4 inch across ? Do the bright
colours of their exoskeleton survive cooking to decorate the plate or
should you keep some raw ones for decoration?

David

Har har har.