Old 30-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Jeff Anderson

Default More weather changes

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:37:34 +1000, "Judanne"
wrote:

Hi Judanne

It isn't just Tassie that has the high winds, the winds here in
Queensland over the past week or two are stronger than I can recall
for quite some years. The drought is bad, they have completely banned
watering of lawns and only have garden watering on alternate days.

I wouldn't mind the your rainfall, but I can do without the cold. What
area are you in?

I am on the Gold Coast. I have a property with riparian rights and a
large river in my backyard. Although I have had some rather
unreasonable/unreasoning objections from council, I have now been
granted a water licence (from the State Government - not council) so I
can pump as much water as I please. I feel guilty though when I look
around at those who haven't this avenue available to them. I have been
forbidden by council to "share" water with neighbors, I don't really
understand why, it seems to be a bit "dog in the manger" in attitude.

Regards

Jeff