Old 30-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Chris

Default New planted tank advice

I would say no on the bunny droppings. You can add flourish tabs to the
substrate, and/or liquid fertilizer, but others here could give better
suggestions. Be aware that even with a good rinse flourite will cloud your
water for a while. It took a full week for my water to completely clear,
but others say it only takes a few hours. Whatever the case, don't panic
if you get muddy water.

-Chris

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:16:42 +0000, ferlin husky wrote:

Hello! I just ordered my first plants. I bought a variety of crypts, dwarf
lily bulbs and some Brazilian microsword. My tank is 30 gal with 55w pc
lights and pressurized co2. I am replacing the current non-planted setup to
planted, replacing the substrate with 100% flourite this week. Does
flourite have enough nutrients right out of the bag to get these plants off
to a good start? Should I add anything to the gravel before planting? We
also keep bunnies and I have heard that some people have used their
droppings for fertilizer. Would adding some doodoos to the gravel be a good
or bad idea?

Thanks again for the great adivice!

Ferlin