Old 01-10-2003, 07:02 PM

Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:43:39 +0100, "Wim Jay" wrote:

wrote in message
ws.com...
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:23:55 +0100, Peter Ashby
wrote:

In article ,
bigboard wrote:

Peter Ashby wrote:
In article ,
bigboard wrote:

Bully for you. What has that got to do with it?

What it means is that if you think eating GM might be bad for you

then
stay away from all conventional crop varieties since we don't know

what
genetic changes happened to yield the required characters, unlike GM.
Also don't eat cauliflower, Brussel sprouts or broccoli, all mutant
cabbages. Who knows what genetic sequences caused these? some may

have
happened because, gasp!, a virus went haywire and disrupted some

vital
genes. Oh and also stay away from organge carrots, nature meant

carrots
to be green.

I don't think that eating GM crops is necessarily bad for you, so the
above paragraph is irrelevant. 1/10 for the patronising attitude, I've
seen it done much better.

Well since you think that then the first sentence indicates the above
was not aimed at you ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Ashby

You taking the **** or what? ha ha ha. what is it you do there,
gardening?

To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.

If you advertise the fact, then you do, otherwise lose the
assosciation. Have they authorised you to talk a load of ******** on
their behalf?

Would you mind awfully not crossposting to demon.local, please?

Yes I would object greatly. I read from demon.local because it amuses
me to do so.

Also, I couldn't find your signature and we do like to keep an eye on them,
you know.

Wim

What is the mathematical equation used to establish permitted
properties for sigs, will this do?

. . . . . . . .

The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |