Old 01-10-2003, 11:44 PM

Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 21:08:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

wrote in message
ws.com...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:09:33 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"W K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"W K" wrote in message

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:21:41 +0100, Reidİ

wrote:

Following up to Paul Rooney

Hang about - GM is good, isn't it?

that's very much a matter of opinion isn't it Paul?

Efficient crops, disease-resistant veg, etc.

Swallowed the hype then?

In what way are the crops more efficient?

Any evidence that it's
bad?

Well, The rats eating too many potatoes stuff was rubbish.
BUT the real and less exciting aspect is that it allows crops to be
sprayed
with even more herbicides.
There's evidence that thats bad.

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any
scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on humans

if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on human
health.
I am not.

Then point me to a scientific paper which proves that glyphosate has any
deleterious effect on the ecological balance of where it is used,

excepting,
of course, for the eradication of plants not wanted by humans.

That's complete tosh fritz,

The name is Franz.

Fritz it is Fritz.

Was pops a commie spy or did he just desert?

It is a better sounding name than your "". How do you pronounce it?

with tongue in cheek.

Your remark is a certain indication that you have lost steam.

why should he,

Because I am a scientist

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nice one you kraut, commie ****. That'll really impress the guys.

and I require scientific evidence if I am to be
convinced of the sinfulness of modifying the genes of a plant under
controlled conditions rather than by the haphazard style of mother nature.

we all know how to drive
without seeing the blueprints.

Analogies are useless, more often than not. This one is more useless than
usual.

We read the warnings from the likes of
greenpeace and take heed.

Many of the issues raised by greenpeace are entirely valid, and have my full
support. On the question of GM foodstuffs they are out on a limb with no
scientific backup at all.

If you have a valid argument against the
science I suggest you take it up with the scientists involved & stop
boring the pants off us here.

I am sorry to hear that your pants are being bored off. You could put an
end to it by producing some evidence in favour of your stance. You have not
so far produced any scientific statement with any backing whatsoever.
Do try, if you wish to carry on further with this

Amusing myself at your expense, I dont need to try.

. . . . . . . .

The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |