Old 02-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Franz Heymann

Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

"W K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I take it that you don't believe in the efficacy of weeding your garden.

It
must be a sad, weedy lot.

Strange attitude. Theres all sorts of strange things growing in my

garden.
No doubt you'd hate the wasp farm at the bottom of my garden too.

ie. more extreme control and more extreme monoculture.

Why bring monoculture into the argument?
The use of glyphosate and pursuing a practice of monoculture are

separate
questions.

By no means. Most of the real arguments about GM are about how we are led
further down the garden path in that respect.

And WTF are you doing growing glyphosate resistant plants if you do not

want
a savage monoculture?

You have no idea of what constitutes a monoculture.

My country of birth produces a very wide range of vegetable foodstuffs.
Most of those farms would be more productive if glyphosate resistant
varietes of plants were available.

Franz