Old 02-10-2003, 04:13 PM
martin

Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:24:00 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

martin wrote in
:

But we produce newly genetically modified potatoes every year or so
and have done so since time immemorial..

My neighbour even won a large prize for doing this.

Well yes OK.

But those modifications are not designed specifically to allow him to chuck
on piles of stuff that is damaging to the surrounding area, nor does he
interbreed his potatoes with, say, gerbils.

AFAIR he GM'd potatoes in a lab getting on for 10 years ago.

I can't say if gerbils were involved. Although mayonnaise flavoured
bintje shaped ferral gerbils have been spotted in the Haarlemermeer
polder.

--
Martin