Old 02-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Dan Drake

Default Do I still need Flourish Excel If I use DIY CO2

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 03:15:07 UTC, "Alex R"
wrote:

With CO2 injection, you would likely need to supply all three macronutrients
nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus by dosing KNO3, K2SO4 or KCl, and
KH2PO4, as well as a complete trace element mix. Check the archive or the
Krib for some sources of those chemicals. You would have to measure the NO3
and the PO4 in your tank before dosing them. Keep the nitrate at 5-10 ppm,
the phosphate at around 1.0 ppm. It's likely that your Anubia leaves are
pale because of a lack of one of these nutrients.

But before doing anything about phosphate, check out the references from
the Krib to the Poor Man's Dosing Drops info.
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/
It may be more important to keep phosphate down than to supplement it.

--

http://www.dandrake.com/

In the days after September 11, Yahoo searches for Nostradamus
outnumbered those for Osama bin Laden and Sex, combined.