Old 03-10-2003, 02:42 AM
-- pelirojaroja

Default Any free shed plans available for download? PDF?

Maybe cost depends on the area of the country, both for prebuilt and
DIY material cost. For us, the materials for the 12x20 were about
$1600 (lumber, hardware, steel double doors, 2 windows, a couple small
skylights, etc.) total. We upgraded the shingles to 30-yr., too, for
that price. A prebuilt shed that size, with those features, was over
$6000 here, priced both locally and with the big chains. (It's a cool
shed -- more for workshop than just storage)

The project sure was a lot of work -- just my husband and myself, and
the occasional afternoon friend. Fortunately, he's a construction
project manager, so he (at least) knew what he was doing. I was the
ladder-holder and hammer-fetcher. :-) But I learned a lot. He says
he'll let me build the next one.

-- peliroja-roja

John Bachman wrote in message . ..

My prebuilt 12 X 16 with two lofts, two doors and a window cost $3,200
installed. It would be hard to save $4,500 on that!

However, I have seen plans at Home Depot. Get down there and check it
out. But make sure that you really know what a prebuilt costs.

John