Old 04-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Glyphosate & its side effects

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
m...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

wrote in message
s.com...
See the full story

http://www.ecwa.asn.au/info/glyphosb.html

SNIP

So what? Roundup is supposed to be used as a herbicide *on land*. How

is
it supposed to get into the water? Remember that it is deactivated

mighty
quickly when it gets into the soil.

.

Would that be the same surfactant which is used in washing liquids?

[snip]

How long did it take you to copy that from wherever you found it.
What on earth does that gaebage have to do with thre use of glyphosate

as a
herbicide on terrestrial plants?

You must be truly short of a case if you have had to resort to copying

all
that here.

Franz

Franz,

You are being hoisted on your own petard. You continually repeat a
statement which is OBVIOUSLY not truthfull. Glyphosate is not
necessarily inactivated on contact with soil. There are several
studies which show this and I have posted references before. You don't
need studies to show this because it is an OBVIOUS conclusion from the
nature of the chemistry involved.

Whilst I don't necessarily concur with the original posters
conclusion, It is not a good idea for you to poke fun and call people
clueless when you post things which, to me at any rate, look as if it
is YOU who does not understand the processes at work.

This is without all the other bad logic you are using.

Let me have some samples. If a agree that the logic was bad, I would admit
it without further ado.

For normal horticultural purposes, glyphosate is inactivated when it enters
the soil. I have for a number of decades used glyphosate in my garden in
order to kill, for example, giant hogweed, nettles and dandelions which have
come up in the midst of garden plants. I have lost all the weeds and none
of the garden plants, in spite of the fact that a goodly fraction of the
applied glyphosate must have found its way into the soil.

Franz