Old 04-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Alligator saw - valid alternative to chainsaw ?

In article ,
Eric the Red wrote:
My reason for not wanting to cut up the trunks has nothing to do with
strength or age more to do with time.

As you say it would be possible to cut them up with a bow saw over a FEW
weekends. I do not really have that much time to spare as I have lots of
other jobs to do round the house before winter starts. Getting the trees all
cut up and disposed of in one day would be well worth the cost of the saw to
me.

Then I STRONGLY suggest ringing around some firewood merchants and
similar, and arranging for them to do it for you. You may well have
to pay, but it is unlikely to be more than the cost of a mechanical
saw!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.