Old 05-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Bob Hobden

Default A Danger to the World's Food: Genetic Engineering and the EconomicInterests of the Life Science

"Jim wrote in message

Can't you understand the difference between natural mutation and the
insertion of a completely foreign gene, one that would not get there
naturally?

bacteria swap genes about that are completely foreign and bacteria

then
get
into everything

With what do they swap genes?

their hosts, each other, viruses,

I know viruses do but was not aware bacteria themselves swap genes except
during sex as normal, I thought it was a virus that transferred the genes
back and forth at other times. But perhaps I'm splitting hairs.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.