Old 06-10-2003, 09:03 AM
Jim Webster

Default A Danger to the World's Food: Genetic Engineering and the EconomicInterests of the Life Science

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Oz" wrote in message in reply to...
Bob
"Franz wrote in message

Can't you understand the difference between natural mutation and

the
insertion of a completely foreign gene, one that would not get

there
naturally?

Can't you understand that here is no gene more foreign than one which
results from a random natural mutation? The damn thing did not even
*exist*
before.

Are you sure on that? I though a mutated gene was one that simply

changed
not came into spontaneous existance.

Eh? What is the difference between that 'changed' to give RR resistance,
and a gene added to give RR resistance?

Where it came from and how, an unnatural source that I am not yet sure
"Nature" can always cope with in it's normal way. From your replies I
understand you are sure. So we will have to differ on that.

but remember that GM always uses an existing, natural gene. Natural mutation
creates something new and essentially untested

Jim Webster