Old 06-10-2003, 10:05 PM
LAH

Default Lady Bugs and Box Elder Bugs

Does anyone know of a way to decrease the population of these pest
around the house? Before someone berates me for trying to do in the
beneficial lady bug, please know that every fall they, along with the box
elder bugs, literally cover the sunny side of the house and invade the house
with what appears to be ease. I vacuum them up inside (would be impossible
to do the same outside as there are too many) but they keep coming leaving
their little yellow stains. I think it would be next to impossible to seal
the house from their intrusion. Walking outside with them flying around and
crawling on everything - lawn chairs, tables, the porch floor is unpleasant.
Every year it is the same and I'm open to any suggestions for getting rid of
them.

My sincere apologies to lady bug lovers but I think you would understand
if you could see what I'm talking about. You really have to be here to
believe it!