Old 08-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Bruce Geist

Default Do I still need Flourish Excel If I use DIY CO2

Dave,

Is CO2 content and O2 content of water independent? I have often wondered
if excessive CO2 actually decreases the maximum oxygen that can be dissolved
in water. (Granted that high CO2 means plants produce more oxygen, which
may have the practical affect of increasing oxygen. I am wondering though
if saturation level is a function of CO2 content..)

-Bruce Geist

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~brucegeist

"Dave Millman" wrote in message

Alex R wrote:

"Jimmy" wrote in message
2. When will I notice the benifits of CO2?

You should see your plants pearl a lot more than without CO2. That

should
probably start within a day or two.

Pearling occurs when the concentration of oxygen approaches and exceeds
saturation in a tank. If there are lots of fish, or the water is

relatively cold
(which holds more O2), this may never occur.