Old 08-10-2003, 03:05 AM
Dunter Powries

Default Do I still need Flourish Excel If I use DIY CO2

Bruce Geist wrote in message
Dave,

Is CO2 content and O2 content of water independent? I have often wondered
if excessive CO2 actually decreases the maximum oxygen that can be

dissolved
in water. (Granted that high CO2 means plants produce more oxygen, which
may have the practical affect of increasing oxygen. I am wondering though
if saturation level is a function of CO2 content..)

CO2 levels do not affect O2 levels except in so far as H2O has a finite
capacity to hold dissolved gasses. Other factors will have an impact on O2
and/or CO2 levels, for example cooler water holds more dissolved gasses than
warmer water.