Old 31-01-2003, 02:11 PM
James Delahanty

Default Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

Golden Celebration? I have a baby (last
year's ownroot from Muncy's Rose Emporium in FL) in my garden. I think

IMO, the best Austins for fragrance and garden worthiness would be
Golden Celebration, which frequently wins fragrance awards in rose
shows, Tamora for its complex myrrh/citrus scent, and Fair Bianca for
the total 'myrrh scent (close to mothballs by my nose)....Many of the
Austins are simply gigantic in Southern California and the earlier ones
disease-resistant only if by that term you mean 'will not actively seek
out fungi and pests.'

JD