Old 09-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Neil

Default Tree/bush with blue berries - what is it?

Definitely not purple. They're light/medium blue.

"gregpresley" wrote in message
there is a bush with vivid irridescent purple berries that are revealed at
this time of year, often called "beauty berry" - I think its latin name is
callicarpa. Maybe you could check that. Those berries are often not

touched
for quite some time into the late fall/winter. However, I would not

describe
the berries as very small, so maybe this is not what you have.
"Karen" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

. ..
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:30:10 -0400, "Neil" wrote:
A small cluster of these small trees (large bushes?) are growing on

my
property.
They were pretty non-descript until the fall when they suddenly

became
covered with
very small blue berries. Anyone know what kind of tree this is? I'm

in
Zone
5 (connecticut)
Nothing seems to be eating the berries, so I'm assuming they're

toxic.
There's a picture at
http://www.panix.com/~nradisch/blueberries.jpg
I think that's Arrowwood Viburnum. I have a few and the berries do
get eaten.

Swyck

Not. The leaf is different.