Old 10-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Aria

Default Fall Planting

Did you start from seeds or small plants??? Thanks for your response.

wrote in message
I am growing beets, carrots, rutabags, cabbage and cauliflower here in
my garden in Tucson. Last year I had very good luck with the carrots
beets, spinach and cauliflower. Tomatoes seem to be a problem because
of the high heat. I have had the best luck over the last several
years with celebrity. Just as a note this summer I had a bumber crop
of patty pan squash, honeydew melons and cantalope.

This year I went to Home Depot and bought a drip system and it seemed
to help a lot. I used a low pressure spray system before and because
of the rapid evaporation had a lot of problems getting a good even
wetting.

Saul

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:22:57 -0700, "Aria"
wrote:

I would like to start a vegetable garden soon. What types of veggies

would
be appropriate to use? I live in Tucson, AZ. So far, the only thing that

have had good luck growing are Serrano Chilies. My tomatoes weren't even

the
size of a golf ball. Have some green peppers that are finally starting to
grow, but they too are very small. My Japanese Eggplant has only grown a

few
pieces as well. So far I'm beginning to think that I just don't have a

green
thumb.....

Remove nospam for valid address
Do not send messages to the MSN.com address as they will be ignored