Old 10-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Karen Mullen

Default tales of the untrue

In article , Carl Beyer
writes:

Anyway, quite the surprise. Amazing how strong nature can be.

I can truly identify with you on this one. Apparently eggs on plant roots or
drawn thru the pump put a fish in my biofilter, which covered with plants, I
never say. Anyway, when my dad passed away last fall I did not clean the
filter out when I shut the pump off and just left everything as it was until
this spring. This is 110 gallon stock tank above ground. This spring when I
drained the filter guess what I found! A very large healthy fish still alive
living in incredible filth as you can imagine (decayed plants, all last years
much on the bottom and evaporated water levels, not to mention one incredbly
cold winter).

I took me quite awhile to catch that bugger, but he's now one happy fish once
he discovered the "real" pond.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH