Old 10-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Oz

Default A Danger to the World's Food: Genetic Engineering and the Economic Interests of the Life Science

Peter Ashby writes
In article ,
"Tumbleweed" wrote:

"pearl" wrote in message
GE 101-35S (PA)

The CaMV Promoter Story
The Cauliflower Mosaic Viral Promoter - A Recipe for Disaster?
by Dr. Mae-Won Ho, author of the book Biotechnology: Dream
or Nightmare?

snip

Better stop eating Cauliflower then?

Especially since it is mutant cabbage and we have no idea what caused
the mutation. It might, gasp, have been a virus (cue gameshow style,
tension drums).

It's clearly a hideously deformed mutant cabbage.

God only knows what mutated product it produces that we have no idea
about. I very much doubt it has ever been tested for safety although at
least we know it contains carcinogenic and mutagenic mustard oils.

--
Oz
DEMON address no longer in use.