Old 10-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Peter Ashby

Default A Danger to the World's Food: Genetic Engineering and the Economic Interests of the Life Science

In article ,
Oz wrote:

Peter Ashby writes
In article ,
"Tumbleweed" wrote:

Better stop eating Cauliflower then?

Especially since it is mutant cabbage and we have no idea what caused
the mutation. It might, gasp, have been a virus (cue gameshow style,
tension drums).

It's clearly a hideously deformed mutant cabbage.

God only knows what mutated product it produces that we have no idea
about. I very much doubt it has ever been tested for safety although at
least we know it contains carcinogenic and mutagenic mustard oils.

It's really no wonder many people don't like Sprouts, even at solstice
celebrations. This is almost certainly a visceral anti GM instinct.

Peter
Who quite likes sprouts, especially at solstice celebrations when his
wife pan fries them with chestnuts. But then all extant life is simply
the mutants that won the lottery.

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.