Old 11-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Kate

Default Driftwood bought from PetsMart do I need to boil it first to remove...

i put the mopani wood in my anabantid tank after only rinsing the dust off.
I was using distilled water and the colour didn't bother me. In fact i
found that fish coilours were more intense and the plants i had in there did
very well too. may not have had anything to do with the tannins, but the
added colour from the drift wood made my tank look very natural. Is water
in the world all crystal clear?
"Dan Norgard" wrote in message
I don't know about your Petsmart but ours has nothing but very real

looking
artifical driftwood...made of resins. Stick it in the tub for a day and

see
what comes out.
Dan
"Andy Louie" wrote in message
om...
I heard that you have to boil it first to remove the impurities.. is
it need as they say that it will discolor the water... so by boiling
it it will prevent the aquarium from being colored.. suggestions