Old 11-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Organic remedy for tomato blight ?

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

"Peter Richards" wrote in message
news

2. Tomatoes are, .... well, tomatoes, it doesn't matter where they
are grown (UK or Oz),

Tell that to Inverness, UK.

3. Even if I lived in the UK, this would not be a 'silly' time of the
year to plant tomatoes (i.e. I may have a hothouse).

Well, yes, it would. Scotland has already had snow, England has
already had frost,and we're past the autumn equinox so daylight hours
AND light levels are falling fast.

Welcome to this newsgroup. Please don't be angry or run away or be
apologetic.
Maybe we can all talk sense if we always remember that our seasons are out
of phase.

We can talk better sense if we bear in mind the charter of this group,
and the advice posted every week to newcomers;

" Uk.rec.gardening is based in the British Isles for the discussion
of gardening within those islands.(snip)Contributors from outside the
British Isles are not discouraged but,because this newsgroup is intended
to help gardeners in the British
Isles, it should be remembered that all questions and answers should
relate to a climate similar to that found in the British Isles."

Janet.