Old 14-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Frank Logullo

Default How do I winterize English Ivy?

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
It's usually around September until my English Ivy starts looking decent.

And
then winter's just around the corner.
The ivy takes a pretty good hit every winter. Is there anyway to protect

it? I
think someone mentioned covering it with burlap.
Is this the only way to protect it?

I have same problem with ivy on northern banks away from house. I'm trying
to get it to grow vigorously enough to revive in the spring, i.e. fill in
the banks before winter. Don't have real solution but other question I have
is are the damned deer eating it in the winter? The rats with hooves attack
everything except the plants on my 10 ft. deck
Frank