Old 18-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Anne Lurie

Default Help for Heron

I googled for "wildlife rehabilitator" + Michigan and turned up the
following page (go to the Michigan section):
http://www.southeasternoutdoors.com/rehab_usa.html#mi

Are there any local chapters of National Audubon Society near you?

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Szpond" wrote in message
Is there a Project Wildlife in your area?

I tried all your suggestions. I called a local vet - said call Animal

Rescue.
Called Animal Rescue - number disconnected. Called State of Michigan -
connected to voice mail - left message 7 hours ago, no one called back.

Called
Natural Resources "800" number for injured animals - given 8 choices to

choose
from - not one of those choices was for injured animals. What a crock!!!!
Haven't seen him return yet today. Yesterday he even tried to get UNDER

our
netting to get at the fishes. This poor guy is very desperately hungry.