Old 19-10-2003, 01:43 AM
keith nuttle

Default Help for Heron

While I agree that sometime there is no other way when wildlife are
injured. If the bird can be caught I believe I read that the beak can
be "crazy" glued to an almost new conditions.

Theo van Daele wrote:
Carl, it's good advice. Otherwise he will just starve to death :-(

I hate killing animals, and perhaps you might want to check with your local
wildlife agency to see if they can help him out (or if he can survive with
half a beak), if not, have him put to the ethernal koi ponds in the sky.

Theo

I hate to say this, but there is little hope for this bird based on your
description. The best thing that can happen to it is to have it
euthanized (spelling - tired - sorry). Not sure if it is legal to kill
heron in your area, but if you can, and you own a gun...

sorry.. feel bad giving this kind of advice... but I was raised on a
ranch... lots of wild and domesticated fowl..

Carl