Old 19-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Jeremy Lunn

Default Kikuyu Grass

On 2003-10-19, Rod wrote:
Does anyone know how to best rid a yard of Kikuyu ? I have sprayed it with
round up 6 times over the last year and it still keeps coming up . Im

We have something similar, if not the same as Kikuyu and a combination
of mulch and herbicide seems to have done the trick. Though perhaps not
much use if you want to plant some other kind of grass there.

considering a bobcat to remove the top 6 to 8 inches of soil and then
replace with imported soil as a last resort but I will prolly have to relay
the reticulation after a bobcat has been in . Any suggestions appreciated.

Probably not such a good idea. Any decent top soil that you have, you
lose. Plus you risk bringing in other weeds. We bought in black sand
for an area where there was nothing but clay and it seems to have bought
in couch.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia