Old 20-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Chookie

Default Leaf cutting bee.

In article ,
"Don Smith" wrote:

Commonly known as the saw-fly. Its grubs gather in big clusters on the
trees and are sometimes called "spitfires".

Really? IME spitfires are very obvious and tend to defoliate rather than cut
circles. I thought the leaf-cutting bee was a solitary native bee that used
the leaves for its nest. I would move a few other plants to the same area in
the hope that the bee will move on to them.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc