Old 20-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Arpit

Default Planting for my mom

Hi, I'd like to plant some flowers in my mothers garden. I'd like to
plant 8 square meters of bright flowering plants, ina 3x3
arrangement, witha 1x1 hole in the middle, or ina line, I've yet to
decide. Anyway, I'd like to plant 8 different colours of flowers,
preferably of the same type, but looking similar will be fine too. I
don't know what flowers to plant however, perhaps you could advise me
some points to consider:

- I want them to be flowering for as long as possible, and not look
trashy when they aren't

- They wil be in full sun

- The yard has clayey soil

- The yard has some very laerge trees with an extremely prominant root
structure all over the garden

- I can plant these flowers in a raised bed

- I can dig up to 1 meter throught the roots and clay, fill it in with
different soil, then plant

-I can only spend 2-300 dollars

- I live in sydney, in the north shore, in st ives (for climate)

Thanks in advance