Old 21-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Gurrie

Default Kikuyu Grass

I have a great couch lawn and have also had trouble with foreign grasses,
notably winter grass during the cooler months. I too tried spraying the
worst areas with roundup and then replacing the dead areas with fresh turf.

Guess what? it grows back. Just like the kikuyu will.

The solution I found was to get in a professional turf mob. They sprayed
the full lawn with selective chemicals that are usual used in commerical
areas like bowling greens and golf courses. This kills everything but the
couch.

It was only $70 per application and a couple of goes over 18months did the
trick.

A lot easier and cheaper than killing and replacing.

My advice? Contact a professional and see what they can do.

"Rod" wrote in message
. au...
Does anyone know how to best rid a yard of Kikuyu ? I have sprayed it with
round up 6 times over the last year and it still keeps coming up . Im
considering a bobcat to remove the top 6 to 8 inches of soil and then
replace with imported soil as a last resort but I will prolly have to

relay
the reticulation after a bobcat has been in . Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Rod