Old 22-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Getting rid of ground elder

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:

| How disappointing ......... I thought the thread was referring to a
| solution on "getting rid of ground elder"!
|
| I don't think it matters what you douse the shoots or roots in, from
| napalm to undiluted acid. The things will still rear their healthy heads
| in the spring.

Well, I have done it in one year, using no chemicals, and using
that patch to the full :-)

I dug it over and removed as much as I could stand, and planted
potatoes. I dug up stray bits where I saw them. When I dug up
the potatoes, the ground was clear. Of course, the dry summer did
help - ground elder dislikes drought even more than potatoes do.

If someone can tell me how to get rid of bindweed ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.