Old 22-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Getting rid of ground elder

Jaques d'Altrades wrote in
:

However, if you decide to use the ground elder, the bulbs will be up and
flowered before the weed has properly woken up. My lovingly tended
ground elder has a lot of spring bulbs amongst it.

Mine too. I think the OP could probably plant early bulbs under the ground
elder now then glyphosphate it late next year after they have flowered and
died down.

Oddly, I've never found GE very invasive: must be lucky with my soil...

The weed that bugs me more than anything else is that dratted small
Epilobium (is it Epilobium montanum?) Seems like every single damn seed
germinates! and the stems pull off just above the roots, so you have to
make sure you don't just pull the top off.

More of a nuisance to me than ground elder, bindweed and brambles combined
(OK, well maybe not the brambles...)

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill