Old 23-10-2003, 10:02 PM
ron doctors

Default vandas light level

I am in Santa Barbara California. I have a couple of questions about
Vandas?
1. Can Vandas take full sun here?
2. What is minimum temperature. We get down to 30F at times, but next
to house probably no lower than 38F. I wanted to find out if I caould
keep the Vandas outside year round.
I keep all my other orchids inside right next to a SW facing window
with a shade cloth over the window, water very very thoroughly once a
week and they do well producing continuous flowers. ( not on the same
plant ! ). I fertilize by a spray once a month at about 1/4 strength
using Peter's Orchid food .
Any help on Vanda's in this area would be most appreciated.
Thank you , ( if possible please email directly as well as posting to
this group.)