Old 24-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Rod

Default Kikuyu Grass

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
Rod wrote:

Does anyone know how to best rid a yard of Kikuyu ? I have sprayed it

with
round up 6 times over the last year and it still keeps coming up .

I'm mystified.
Is your poision old?
What concentration?
Are you doing it on a warm afternoon (so the sap is flowing).
Could this re-emergence be reinfestation?

1% Roundup usually knocks Kikuyu.
Have you been cleaning up the dead stuff?
You can also paint the stalk on a walm day the moment they re-emerge.

The round up that I am using is not old and was bought new.

Each time that I spray it it is killed off but about 4 weeks later new
plants emerge. It does effectively kill everything but new growth emerges
each time.

I have been using the roundup at recommended concentrations, although I have
not cleaned up the dead plants except for the first time when I killed the
whole lawn including the remnants of the buffalo lawn that the kikuyu was
infesting. It did not seem necessary to clean up as the dead remnants
disappeared in a short time frame.

I have just resprayed the latest infestation with double strength . I have
been advised to wait for emergence of new plants apply fertiliser and then
spray it again with roundup . Hopefully this will affect a solution.

Rod