Old 25-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Jane VR

Default Planting for my mom

Arpit wrote:
Hi, I'd like to plant some flowers in my mothers garden. I'd like to
plant 8 square meters of bright flowering plants, ina 3x3
arrangement, witha 1x1 hole in the middle, or ina line, I've yet to
decide. Anyway, I'd like to plant 8 different colours of flowers,
preferably of the same type, but looking similar will be fine too. I
don't know what flowers to plant however, perhaps you could advise me
some points to consider:

It's hard to get 8 different colours, unless you count light purple and
dark purple etc as different. Petunias have the greatest colour range I
think. Or snapdragons. They are both very long flowering. You could also
maybe do a daisy-type collection, e.g. Federation daisies, zinnias,
rudbeckias, gaillardias, echinacea, felicia, osteospermum, etc

They will need followup care, such as watering, feeding and deadheading
(to prolong flowering).

Jane