Old 25-10-2003, 08:12 PM
RichToyBox

Default "Bomb the pond" in pictures

I bought the ORP meter to help me determine the level of activity, because I
have problems telling brown or tea, from pink/purple in the treatments. I
found with my treatments, that the brown color that I would ordinarily have
neutralized the PP the ORP value said it was still very much active. Even
an hour after it had turned brown, by my eyes, it was still marginally in
the active range. The use of Hydrogen Peroxide to clear the water, also
neutralizes the PP and per Doc Johnson, the H2O2 remains active for up to 3
days, whereas sodium thio is used up in 24 hours.
--
RichToyBox

wrote in message
there is evidence that even the brown is still "active". Ingrid

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
It was also my understanding not to treat with either, but leave the

water
brown between treatments.... or is that because many people use to much
product, and detox their additional PP treatments if they don't wait long
enough?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com